Survey123 exporting name rather than label

12-06-2017 03:39 PM
GarretDubois
New Contributor II

I have a field in my survey that is showing the information in the name column rather than the label column when the data is viewed in survey123 for ArcGIS, or exported from survey123 to AGOL.

There are other rows that are similar in the survey but are showing up correctly in the data tables when viewed in survey123 for ArcGIS.

Question 1. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Question 2. Is there a way to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
34 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Loretta and Shana

It looks like you are both being affected by a known limitation.

When choice_filter used, the name text is saved as the data value, instead of the label text.

Shana - can you confirm that you are using choice filters? Also, have you thought of using a pulldata() instead?

You could just create a .csv lookup between name and label - this would be easier to manage.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm not using a choice filter, it's just a select_one question with a handful of values in the list.  The other select_one questions work just fine.  I'm adding another 40 values to the list however.  I'll look into pulldata, but I'd like to get at the root cause of why the select_one isn't working.

Thanks,

Shana

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Shana 

Could you share your survey with we and I'll take a look? If you are not using choice filters - this is not expected behaviour.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

That is the one - thanks

0 Kudos
oscaralfredogonzleon
New Contributor

HI guys, i have the same problem, can you help me? thanks alot

0 Kudos
LeaHarper3
New Contributor III

Hi Jonathan - is there going to be a fix for this? I have the very same issue as Shana. I'm not using a choice_filter, just select_one but the data is only displaying the ID that is in the name field, not the label.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lea

Can you share your survey? The bug we have open involves the choice filter.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

Hi John,

I decided to try and replicate what Lea saw because adding new select_one choices have been a headache for a variety of reasons.  Here's what I did:

1) Added a new choice to repeat questions and republished

2) Submitted a Survey using these new choices

Results: The names showed in the related tables instead of the labels.

Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,

Shana

0 Kudos
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

I since found that the behavior was not limited to related tables.  I added new choices to my other select_one lists not in repeats, republished, and had the same results.  Names, not labels displayed in the fields.

0 Kudos