Survey123 App Logging User Out

Jump to solution
06-22-2018 07:39 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

My field crews are having issues with the app logging them out and I am wondering if this is a known bug or if there is something else going on with the software or hardware we are using.  So far the issue seems to happen under the following circumstances.

1.   If the device looses cellular signal

2.   If the the crew member receives and answers a call or text

We are using a combination of the latest Ipads and Samsung Galaxy 7&8  phones.  The carrier is Verizon.  So far the only thing we can do is log back on which usually requires driving to a location that has a good signal.  This is very annoying for them and wastes time so i really hope there is a solution in the works.  Off line use is critical in our area where cell signal is spotty at best.

Thanks,

Josh

54 Replies
Strahanjen

We've had three different users logged out this week when the data connection was lost. Two of the users were using Galaxy Tab Active 3 tablets, Android 11, Survey123 version 3.14.242. One of the users is using an iPad Generation 8, iOS 15.5 and Survey123 version 3.14.262.

0 Kudos
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

I had field crews have this happen to them today. Since we had a hidden field capturing the user's information it forced the survey into drafts when that didn't populate. Once they were logged back when they went to open the survey in drafts it didn't capture that information and wouldn't let me submit the survey. Has there been any progress on addressing the logging out issue? We are using a mix of devices of Apple and various android devices. All are using the most up-to-date version of the Survey123 app on their device.

0 Kudos
TI
by

Add us to the list of users who suffer from getting signed out when the device moves between networks (eg, office wi-fi to field cellular).  Applies to Windows (laptop) as well as iPad devices.  Survey123 version 3.15.

VERY annoying, when we have to type in long email addresses as our usernames, and long pass-phrases which are enforced here for security reasons, PLUS 2 factor authentication which requires switching between apps on the device to authenticate!

AndrewPadilla
Occasional Contributor

I am also experiencing this issue. The last time this happened, one user was using wired connection and was signed out of Survey123 on a Windows computer using Survey123 v 3.15.159. They had wifi also enabled at the same time. I had them disconnect wifi. I am hoping that solves the issue.

0 Kudos
TI
by

Hi All.  When I submitted a support request to ESRI about this a couple of months ago, they recognised it as a bug and created a bug in their bug-tracking system at:  https://my.esri.com/#/support/bugs/BUG-000151740

I subscribed to the bug.

I just checked the bug again, and it says that it was fixed in version 3.16 back in October.

So try version 3.16 and post your results.  I have notified our users, but haven't heard back from them yet.

0 Kudos