Survey123 App Logging User Out

Jump to solution
06-22-2018 07:39 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

My field crews are having issues with the app logging them out and I am wondering if this is a known bug or if there is something else going on with the software or hardware we are using.  So far the issue seems to happen under the following circumstances.

1.   If the device looses cellular signal

2.   If the the crew member receives and answers a call or text

We are using a combination of the latest Ipads and Samsung Galaxy 7&8  phones.  The carrier is Verizon.  So far the only thing we can do is log back on which usually requires driving to a location that has a good signal.  This is very annoying for them and wastes time so i really hope there is a solution in the works.  Off line use is critical in our area where cell signal is spotty at best.

Thanks,

Josh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @kmsmikrud,

Just wanted to check to see if you had tested the latest 3.13 beta builds from EAC to see if the problem still persists, and also if you had tried the workflow of placing the device in offline (flight) mode before leaving the office, and if the user was still getting signed out?

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
54 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Josh.  

This bug is currently scheduled to be addressed in 3.1. Essentially: if you go offline, Survey123 will log you out after 30 minutes, forcing the end user to re-enter credentials before data can be submitted. 

Receiving a call or text while Survey123 is running does not log users out (as far as we have been able to see).

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
0 Kudos
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ismael,

Just wanted to follow up with you about this issue.  We have migrated to using the latest apple ipads however we are still experiencing the same log out issue when working in poor cell coverage areas.  I understand this is planned to be address in 3.1 but can you give some type of time frame of when this will be ready.  This is becoming  critical issue for us as our inspectors move in to more remote areas.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Not sure if anyone else is still having this issue but it seems like the problem still has not been fixed.  My crews are still being logged out of their apps whenever their ipads lose cellular service requiring them to waste time trying to find a spot with coverage to log back in or switch to their android phones which seem to work slightly better but still experience the same issue.   We are using the latest ipads with Verizon and our apps have been updated to the latest version.  Any hope that this issue will be fixed soon?  Between this issue and the apparent wildly inaccurate gps on the ipads (no issue with android devices) i'm starting to second guess our decision to go with ipads.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Josh,

Unfortunately, the fix for this was not able to be completed in time for 3.1.  It has already been addressed for 3.2; we will be making a beta version of 3.2 available via TestFlight soon.

0 Kudos
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

Ok well thanks for the update. Hopefully 3.2 will be out before long.

Josh

0 Kudos
AW_Grove
Occasional Contributor

Hopefully, this gets solved soon since its prohibiting adoption of some workflows!!!  In addition to fixing the sign out bug, can you also add an alert to tell users they are signed out? In our current process users get signed out every once in a while (on Android devices), and their survey results still get sent, but the webhooks do not work with Microsoft flow. This means they get no error and they see the submitted point on their map, but the group who is supposed to get an email when this happens does not. 

Thanks,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Melissa,

In 3.2 release and the upcoming 3.3 release (to be released in next few days) we made improvements to sign-in and sign-out and support for IWA and other authenticated logins.

Can I ask what type of authentication are you using and what Portal version, is it IWA? Also does it only happen on Android devices, or do you see the same behaviour on iOS and Windows? What Android version and devices are you using?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
AW_Grove
Occasional Contributor

We are using ADFS to authenticate. We do not have portal so I'm not sure if that is the same thing as IWA or not. We are only using Survey 123 on Android devices at this time. This is occurring across several generations of Verizon enabled Samsung Tabs and Android 7 and 8. Also, we are currently using Survey 123 classic since we do not have Portal yet, and this was causing the immediate loss of credentials every time the app was closed. Is this resolved for non-Portal users yet?

Thanks,

Melissa

0 Kudos