Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey responses not sending all data

08-26-2024 06:51 PM
FJW
by
New Contributor

Hi, my team has been having an issue where data is being sent from a survey, and the resulting AGOL dataset is missing data from several fields. The fields that are missing the data are reasonably consistent (as in there are a couple of fields where this occurs, but most of the attributes are being written as expected), but there is no consistency with the circumstances in which this happens (as in an identical record could be created with no issues). One of the fields is a calculated field, but it is definitely calculating correctly.

The team is collecting hundreds of such surveys with potentially 50+ repeats per survey (and the missing data is in the repeats), usually completed in offline mode, and the missing data is often not identified until it's too late - the sent box is being wiped.

I have replicated an example of this behaviour, where the data from one of the repeats is partially missing once the survey is sent. I was able to copy the sent data to a new survey and resubmit the survey unchanged, and the missing information was available, and correctly sent, in the new survey. 

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks, Felicity

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Using Field App I assume.

Is all the missing data isolated to a specific user(s)?

Do you collect meta data? If yes, do you know what app version the missing data was submitted on (aka, is the app out of date?)

Is missing data possibly related to device type?

0 Kudos
FJW
by
New Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me @abureaux . I've raised a ticket with ESRI and they are addressing my queries directly. 

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I find that calculations in the repeats don't always work the best, there are times where if you don't click off of a question before moving to the next repeat, calculations don't run or similar situations.

Though I have had this happen in calculations not in repeats even with "calculationMode=always" so I don't know.

You have confirmed that the data appear in the field app before submitting, but then it does not show in the layer?

@FJW if you find a solution to the issue through Esri Support please report back with what the issue and solution was I would love to hear more!

0 Kudos