Survey non-owner edit privileges through Survey123 Connect

Jump to solution
01-26-2023 02:31 PM
oregonparksgis
New Contributor II

I'm the owner of a survey and have granted update permissions to a group of collaborative users. It appears they would be able to edit the survey through the Survey123 Web app, however it was created with Survey123 Connect, so they can't. There is definitely documentation about sharing the survey updates capability with a group, but it doesn't say anything about Survey123 Connect. It seems its not supported but I can't find anything that says so. Anyone run into this before and have workflows to deal with this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @oregonparksgis 

This is currently not supported for surveys published using Survey123 Connect. Users can co-author ArcGIS Survey123 forms in the web designer by sharing the form/feature layer in a shared update group. However, they are unable to edit/update other users' forms in ArcGIS Survey123 Connect.

There is an enhancement request for the co-authoring functionality be extended to ArcGIS Survey123 Connect forms:

• ENH-000155071: Add the ability to co-author ArcGIS Survey123 Connect forms via shared update groups

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Once you use Connect you cannot edit it as a web app.

Solved: How can I edit a form created in Connect using web... - Esri Community 

0 Kudos
oregonparksgis
New Contributor II

Yep, that I know. I'm trying to understand why a different user can't edit the form using Survey123 Connect if they've been granted edit permissions. Seems like they should.

oregonparksgis_0-1674779300358.png

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No the .iteminfo file in your My Survey Designs folder is tied to a specific user and folder number.  You cannot have 2 owners which is really a AGOL limitation.  Yes it is a huge pain and contingency issue in an enterprise setting.  If your IT will let you you can create a headless account and all share.  BUT you still would have to move the files from My Survey Designs to each machine. And you all using the same version would be hard of course.  But a one time move you can move the files, edit the .iteminfo, then change and move in AGOL and it can be done.

"orgId": "Hp6G80Pky0om7QvQ",
"owner": "username",
"ownerFolder": "0c9b1055a2f34d6cab881b3e30a5",

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @oregonparksgis 

This is currently not supported for surveys published using Survey123 Connect. Users can co-author ArcGIS Survey123 forms in the web designer by sharing the form/feature layer in a shared update group. However, they are unable to edit/update other users' forms in ArcGIS Survey123 Connect.

There is an enhancement request for the co-authoring functionality be extended to ArcGIS Survey123 Connect forms:

• ENH-000155071: Add the ability to co-author ArcGIS Survey123 Connect forms via shared update groups

Thanks