Single Choice Grid access in Field App

Jump to solution
02-06-2019 12:05 PM
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

When will the new question type Single Choice Grid be supported in the Survey123 field app?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks all for your patience. Kevin Highland‌  Nicole Ueberschär‌   Jevaughn Henry

Single choice grid is now implemented with version 3.6 of the field app and Connect.

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/09/26/hobbit-day-release-36 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jevaughn,

The single-choice grid is not supported by the field app at this time.  In the event that this changes, we will be sure to update you.  Please take advantage of the single-choice grid in the web app for the time being.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Is there a timeline for this feauture? It would make my surveys much slimmer on the tablet. 

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicole,

We don't have a planned timeline yet for single choice grid.  You will see an improvement for tablets coming in the next release with the support of grid themes.

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

the grid theme is already a great improvement. But the table layout of the questions + answers (to have the answers staying next to the question instead of below) would improve the look and handling of serveys massively, e.g. when you have 10 yes-no questions after another. It would be great actually to have this layout option available in general (to have the answers next to the questions). Is that something that has been submitted as an idea already? (couldn't find it...)

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Nicole,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are suggesting - could you perhaps draw up a mock up of it?

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

About like this: 

Kind of a grid theme but separating the questions to one column and the answers to the next column. For the first group of questions you might want to set the first column (questions) to w1 and the second (answers) to w3 and for the second group vice versa, so both columns would be defined for a group of questions not for each question separately. 

I hope it is a bit clearer now. 

JamesTedrick

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the suggestion - I've taken it down as a possible enhancement.

0 Kudos
KevinHighland
Occasional Contributor II

The Single Choice Grid is a must on the tablet. It really should be an enhancement. Here's what our Clean Water Division inspectors have for the grid. We have them currently only using the web form for these, but we want a seamless experience so all of their surveys go through the Survey123 app and not a combination of the web and the app.