Sending surveys from Outbox/Drafts folder stuck at "Getting service information"

Jump to solution
01-12-2017 10:51 AM
RhondaThynne
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have run into an issue where a user is not able to send any surveys. When they click Send Surveys it never moves past  "Getting service information". The user has a number of surveys in their Outbox and I am looking to see if there is a way I can manually retrieve them from their iPhone.

If anyone can provide some guidance in doing this please let me know!! I have tried connecting the phone to my laptop and view the files, but I can only view the pictures.

I'm not sure what caused the issue in the first place as they are using the most up-to-date survey and they are able to download a different survey and send no problem.

Rhonda

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rhonda,

A couple of things to note-

1.  This sounds like you might be affected by one of the bugs being addressed in the critical update we will be releasing soon (see Isamel's post - https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/01/12/critical-update-to-survey123-field-app-a... )

2.  If not, you can recover data by moving the application database from the phone to a desktop computer and use Survey123 from there to upload - Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  has instructions to do so.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Rhonda,

A couple of things to note-

1.  This sounds like you might be affected by one of the bugs being addressed in the critical update we will be releasing soon (see Isamel's post - https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/01/12/critical-update-to-survey123-field-app-a... )

2.  If not, you can recover data by moving the application database from the phone to a desktop computer and use Survey123 from there to upload - Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  has instructions to do so.

RhondaThynne
New Contributor III

Thank you, James.

0 Kudos
RhondaThynne
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I was able to successfully recover the SQLite file from the iPhone.

I followed the instruction to Recover data from a mobile device ( Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS) and went to the Advanced setting and selected the Fix Database tool, but when I tired to send the surveys I get an Error Code 400.

So then I followed the steps to manually changed the path to my local path (using DB Browser for SQLite) and I still get the Error Code 400.

I have not changed the survey since December 13, 2016.

I am able to send new surveys that are created.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Rhonda

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

In that case, it appears the original feature service that the form was pointing to was deleted (this happens on a republish that changes the schema).  Have you updated the survey on your PC and tried to submit?

As a last measure, I can provide some guidance through extracting the information directly from the SQLite file.  Message me directly as this is still in development.

RhondaThynne
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean by “Have you updated the survey on your PC and tried to submit?”

The original survey was created and published Dec 1. Then Dec 13 I made changes to the survey and re-published (I am pretty sure there was a schema chnage). But the user downloaded the survey after the service was republished (republished 13th and downloaded 14th) In this example could it still be the error is from the original feature service being deleted?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Ah- given the error, it appeared that the form information is from a previous version of a survey.  If that's the case, this might require extraction from the sqlite file to a CSV to recover the data- that was what I was referring to in the second paragraph above.

0 Kudos
RhondaThynne
New Contributor III

Okay, I just wanted to double check before trying to extract the SQLite to CSV!

Can you pm me when you have a minute, as it appears I am unable to pm you.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SimonAllard2
New Contributor III

I am having the same problem on an iOs tablet with Os 9.3.1 and on an android mobile phone with Android Version 6.0

Both devices are running the latest bug fix version of Survey123 (1.10.25).

We used to be able to send our completed surveys through with no issues but we can never submit them as the app gets stuck on "Getting Service Information"

Has anyone found a work around for this, I would hate to have to retrieve all the data from the device manually!

Cheers,

Simon

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Simon, 

There can be other causes for the message aside from the bug that was identified and fixed at 1.10.25.  Could you file a tech support request so that we can investigate?

0 Kudos