Repeat questions in 'Inbox' not showing

10-27-2017 07:57 AM
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

I enabled 'Inbox' for a survey with repeat questions.  I added the field 'bind::esri:parameters' to my survey and set the value to allowUpdates=true query=’1=1’ in this column for my "begin repeat".  I am able to view and edit my repeat questions from my "Sent box", but they do not show up  when I access a survey from my 'Inbox'.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Dan

70 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan,

The parameters you are providing are the correct ones.  I'm not seeing the same issue on a test service.  Can you check the feature service settings- are there any restrictions on viewing the repeats (only those you've created, etc)? 

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

Thanks James,

Do I need to add these parameters for each question within the repeat, or just in the row for "begin repeat'?  I'll double check my feature service settings.  

Thanks again,

Dan

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

The settings need to applied only at the "begin repeat" row.

0 Kudos

hi ,

I have the same issue now , running Survey123Connect version 2.5.44

I am using Feature Class in ArcSDE 10.4.1 and i followed all rules regrading related tables, but i cant see the "repeat" in INBOX.

the repeat shows in all other ESRI application  such as arcGIS Desktop and PRO and even in OUTBOX of Survey123 Or collector but not in INBOX .

can any one tell me if it 's a bug or i did something wrong

thanks in advanced 

iris hadar

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Iris,

Can you provide information on the parameters used in the XLS file for the repeat?

0 Kudos

Hi, 

I can attach the excel file if you give email to send to , i will try to describe in the mintime:

these are the rows from excel epresnting the repeat

this is the setting for submission url

should i have enter any other parameters ?

iris hadar

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Iris,

in particular, I was asking for what parameters you have in the bind::esri:parameters column, if present.  Per Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS , the settings in that column control the behavior of repeats - the default (blank/empty in that column) indicates that the Inbox will be in an 'add-only' behavior.

0 Kudos
JeffPuuri1
New Contributor II

I am also trying Refresh previously submitted values in attribute fields contained in Repeats blocks on my survey form.  In the bind::esri:parameters column on each begin repeat row, I have the value set to allowUpdates=true.  But when I refresh, none of my Repeats blocks contain the previously submitted values.  I did try the syntax shown in the initial post that also has query='1=1' but was receiving an error during the refresh so I went back to just allowUpdates=true.  I do not have an Inbox filter set.

I did try enabling this setting on the Repeats blocks on a service that was already published.  It was able to republish without overwriting the data.  But I was wondering if I might to delete this service and publish from scratch.  Bottom line, has anyone been able to get this capability working per the Survey123 documentation?  Thanks for anyone who might be able to provide some additional configuration that I might be able to try.

JeffPuuri1
New Contributor II

I have attached the XLSX for a super simple form that I use for Inbox Refresh testing with Repeats blocks.  When I send the survey, I can see the attribute values in the main and related classes for the feature service.  In fact I can edit attributes from the main survey and the related records in an Arcgis Online web map.  However, when I refresh the Inbox in Survey123, I see the edit changes to attribute values in the main survey, but the repeats block is essentially empty as it is ready for data entry into the 1st record, even though the underlying feature service has more than one related record.  In the bind::esri:parameters column on the begin repeat row I have tried it with allowUpdates=true and another time with allowUpdates=true 1=1, but neither time could I refresh previously submitted values back into the fields within the Repeats block.

JTedrick-esristaff‌ you mentioned that you had been able to have this work on an Esri test service.  Do you see anything configured for the Repeats block in the XLSX that I have attached that is different from what you are doing?  Also, is there anything else I can check configuration-wise on the feature service itself?

Thank you,

Jeff Puuri

0 Kudos