Select to view content in your preferred language

Related table creation by Survey123 Connect

Jump to solution
11-23-2018 09:08 AM
KevinMayall
Frequent Contributor

I am trying to create a survey of asset inspections from an existing asset feature service with the inspections in a related table.  I don't want to edit the features, just add/edit related inspections.

Ismael Chivite indicates in this 2017 UC workshop video that Survey123 Connect can be used to create tables in ArcGIS Online.  Survey123 for ArcGIS: Advanced Topics - YouTube 

Using Survey123 Connect, can you create a survey from an existing feature service, then add a set of repeat questions, and then publish the survey to create the related table in the feature service?

I have seen the instructions to delete the questions from the feature service, delete the begin repeat and end repeat, and set the form_id in the settings, but whenever I try to publish the survey, it says that the related table is not found.  Of course, it does not yet exist against the feature service because I thought Survey123 Connect would create it.  Do I have to create the related table myself?

Kevin
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin

If creating a survey from an existing feature service, you need to create both the parent layer and the related table yourself. 

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin

If creating a survey from an existing feature service, you need to create both the parent layer and the related table yourself. 

Thanks

John