Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple related tables Survey123 Connect

07-13-2023 03:21 AM
PeterMcdonnell_1968
New Contributor II

Good morning all,

I have not attempted this before and have followed a number of videos and documents to try to implement this but keep failing! Any help would be gratefully received.

Just quick background. I was tasked with creating a survey for bats. Originally I was going to create this in field maps but given that select multiple isn't supported I I have read about the work around but that isn't an ideal solution). There is historical data and data is collected at known roosts once or twice a year, so rather like an asset inspection, the questions for this part of the survey are based on a paper survey form.  This year two new sets of data need to be collected related to threats to the roosts and measures that should be implemented to prevent any decline in bat numbers at a roost.

I created a point feature layer in Pro with all the historical data and then tables for the survey, threats and measures.  Potentially there are multiple threats and measures at a single roost.  I created relationship classes for the tables to the feature layer based on GlobalID and GUID fields.  The feature layer was published to AGOL online and configured.

I created a form from the feature layer in Survey123Connect.  There is a need for repeats for the  both the Threats and Measures questions. I can't publish the Survey, I have made a mistake somewhere possibly many a but can't track it/them down.

When I try to publish to AGOL form Survey123 Connect I get this error:

Connect error.PNG

I am also attaching the Survey123Connect form.  

You will see there is hidden GUID field associated with each part of the form that is based on a related table.  I tried with just a single GUID field after the final question but that didn't publish either.  It got to the same point as above. I couldn't find any information online or examples of people having multiple related tables.  Perhaps the answer is to have three Survey 123 forms each print to the same feature layer and the associated related table.  That is only a guess though.

Thanks in advance for any pointers and apologies for rookie errors.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You should only have a single line on your Settings tab pointed to the parent layer. The children tables are "added" by insuring the table name matches the corresponding repeat name in the survey tab.

The only time you would have a child table in the Settings tab is if your survey was only populating that child table and ignoring the parent table. In that situation the child table would be the only line on the Settings tab.

Working with existing Feature Services

- Jen
PeterMcdonnell_1968
New Contributor II

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks a million for taking the time to look at my question.  This has been wrecking my head.  I got pulled onto something else today so I will try out your advice first thing tomorrow.

Again many thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos