Link to Survey123 Field App Inbox Existing Feature

Jump to solution
09-23-2019 01:23 PM
NicoleKwan
New Contributor II

How do I link to Survey123 field app inbox for a specific feature from workforce or collector? I have set up a bunch of surveys that use the inbox function and related tables to edit existing points. I would like the field crew to see their assignment on workforce and it directly opens up the survey of the existing feature to collect data. Currently workforce opens up the survey for a new point, i.e. "Collect", not "inbox". I tried to configure a pop up from Collector using the instructions in "Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Editing records ... | GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial... " but this seems to be only for Survey123 web app not field app. Currently one needs to find the right survey, hit inbox, then find the right feature from an id, rather than from a map or assignment - many ways to make mistake.

12 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chelsey,

Just to check, in the situation you are describing is the objectid of the repeat being discovered as well as the objectid of the parent record?

With regard to globalId handling in Collector, the Arcade expression looks like it should work - what do you see if you simply have it in a pop-up as text?

0 Kudos
ChelseyAiton2
New Contributor III

Hi James, thank you for the reply.

Yes, the objectid of the repeat is also discovered. From my example above, the first result item has an objectid of 47, the second item has some other objectid but one of the related records in the repeat has an objectid of 47.

Regarding Collector, when I display the expression as text in the popup, the result is just blank. It doesn't show up. 

0 Kudos
ChelseyAiton2
New Contributor III

Update note: I have switched to Field Maps, the above arcade expression works correctly on the GlobalId, therefore I no longer am using the ObjectId and can avoid the issue outlined above.