Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a method to display all repeat rows within a survey instead of having them stacked (1 of x)?

03-11-2020 02:13 PM
HassanBasagic1
Emerging Contributor

I am creating a form to collect information on individual fish at several locations using Survey 123 Connect. I set up a repeat group to record individual fish attributes, however, the field crews need to see all repeated rows as the data is collected. Is there a method to display all completed repeated rows within a survey instead of having them stacked (1 of x)? The number of fish recorded at a site varies between 1 and ~100. I am using a grid formatted survey to replicate the field crews current data collection form. Attached is a screen capture of a simplified table example. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

27 Replies
SamuelSchneider
Occasional Contributor

Hey Duncan, I am curious about your approach to an editable table inside of your survey. I will never need more than 20 repeats and I was wondering if you would be willing to assist me in that development?

Thanks, Sam

0 Kudos
PegGronemeyer1
Regular Contributor

@StrathconaBTS and @DuncanKinnear We are also looking for editable table-like capability so that biologists can see multiple rows of data as they enter...  Has there been any update on this capability?

0 Kudos
DuncanKinnear
Occasional Contributor

No updates yet as far as I'm aware, we are now at the point where we are needing to use other software for this functionality - we lose too much time in the field otherwise with sometimes 80+ repeats. 

PegGronemeyer1
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  We are also using something different than S123.

0 Kudos
Strahanjen
Frequent Contributor

I'd love to learn more about what you are using in places of S123? 

DataOfficer
Frequent Contributor

I would also be interested to know what alternative solutions you have put in place

0 Kudos
HollyWithrow
Emerging Contributor

@StrathconaBTS  This worked perfectly in Survey123 Connect but when I published and started entering data in the web browser none of the information went into the table.  It all started showing up above the table heading and ran all together. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
MichaelAughenbaugh1
New Contributor

Hey Holly, this wouldn't work in the browser, as the position(..) value is only relative to the sqlite database that the field application passes values to.

0 Kudos