Select to view content in your preferred language

Importing Survey Questions

08-09-2018 02:52 PM
PattiSchmidthiesler
Emerging Contributor

If I have multiple surveys created in 123 that I would like to have the same particular set of nested questions, is there a way for me to import them from previous surveys?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Patti,

If you are referring to the design of a survey using Survey123 Connect, you can simply copy and paste questions from one or multiple XLSForms into another.  You can access the spreadsheets of your existing surveys by navigating to C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs/<survey name> and then open, copy, paste the desired questions from the existing spreadsheets into a new XLSForm.

Brandon

0 Kudos
PattiSchmidthiesler
Emerging Contributor

Hello Brandon,

I’m not referring to connect, just survey 123.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Patti,

It sounds like you are desiring the ability to copy answers contained within repeats from one survey to another? 

If the survey containing the answers of interest are still within the 'Sent' box of the Survey123 field app, you can click on the survey and select to 'Copy the sent data to a new survey'.

This will transfer all answers from the sent survey (including repeats) to a new survey.

Let me know if this is what you are after, or please clarify.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
PattiSchmidthiesler
Emerging Contributor

Hello Brandon

Not from the field app. When creating a basic survey in 123.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

By process of elimination, I deduce that you are then referring to the Survey123 web designer.  For this, you can utilize the 'Save As' feature shown in the screenshot captured below.  This will create a copy of the existing survey including all questions, which you can then edit as desired.

0 Kudos
AnnaRiling
New Contributor

I tried this, and I got an error "Unable to Create a New Survey". The survey was copied but had no questions. Is there another option for creating a backup of a survey including all questions?  Brandon Armstrong

0 Kudos