how can I prevent multiple submissions from one person?

06-22-2020 04:36 PM
MichaelWitherspoon
New Contributor

I'm trying to create a trial for using survey 123 for voting purposes in a small organization. They will sent the link to the survey the person will vote by clicking on the link. How do prevent people from voting twice by pasting the link into a browser on a different device? (computer or different phone)

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michael,

You can set the multiple submission setting from survey123 website>Survey_name>Collaborate>Share Survey>Multiple Submissions>Only one submission is allowed per submitter. 

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Shwu-jingJeng , is there a time-out functionality around the "Multiple submissions" setting? By this I mean can someone resubmit after a certain amount of time has passed, eg: 1 day, or 1 hour?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Currently this feature is not available but you could place this request in Arcgis survey123 ideas page  as an enhancement request.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-survey123-ideas

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

@Shwu-jingJeng  how do I edit the message give to a user who's already completed the survey?

ahargreaves_FW_0-1643909177932.png

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

This message is currently not editable but we had an enhancement request logged for this internally. I will encourage you to contact the Support service to log a salesforce issue for this if you would like to track the issue implementation.

Thanks,

0 Kudos