Excel export issue on survey123.arcgis.com

07-01-2020 01:08 PM
TonyStrothers
New Contributor III

Recently we updated a survey. When we use the export functionality on the data tab on survey123.arcgis.com to export the data as an Excel Spreadsheet we can see the new fields and columns associated with these additions. When our users attempt to do the same export from survey123.arcgis.com to Excel Spreadsheet they can only see the fields and columns associated with the previous version and not the additions that were made. Do you know what might cause this issue with us as admins being able to see the fields in the export but not our users?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Tony Strothers‌, 

I have not seen the issue of missing fields when exporting results after updating a survey, but I have seen an issue where after updating a survey users are not able to see updated records in the Survey123 website. 

This is due to the stakeholder view not being updated. I think the fieldworker view should be good but it may be worth to refresh that too if it exists.

From the Collaborate tab in the survey if you unshare the survey in both the submitter and viewer sections (depending how you have the survey shared) in the ArcGIS Online folder associated with the survey you should see both the fieldworker (if it exists) and stakeholder views removed. 

When you reshare the survey you will see those views recreated, and if the behavior is due to those old views not being updated your users should now have access to fields in the updated survey. 

Please use this link for reference regarding the fieldworker and stakeholder views: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000019065#:~:text=The%20Fieldworker%20view%20is%20gene...

If that does not do it when the users navigate to the hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online and were to try exporting the service as an Excel file is the same behavior observed? 

Thank you, 

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos