Error when trying to publish survey with related tables

03-03-2017 08:33 PM
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

I’ve published a feature service to ArcGIS Online and one to ArcGIS Server (same data structure) which has a point feature class that has two related non-spatial tables. The relationships are built off of the global ID from the point feature class.

When I try to publish a form using Survey123 connect and connect to either of these services I get an error that says the parent relationship is not found. The relationship does exist at the geodatabase level and is visible in the resulting feature services. Am I missing something in the setup of the form in Survey123 Connect?

16 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kieren,

To my knowledge, there isn't a restriction on the number of repeats supported in a table in Portal hosted services.  What you're describing up to step 4 sounds like the expected view of the data.  for step 5, are you referring to after you click the number of repeats for a feature?  Also, does the dropdown for Layers not have the additional tables? 

0 Kudos
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

James,  

Thank you for the reply, I have found that I need to publish from Survey123 Connect with GlobalID's for the relationships in order to have them show.  The only issue now is that there is no data, I can see the table structure for the attachments but no records, even though Portal is reporting that there are two features in the table.  If I look at the DataView in portal I can see them, just not from the mapping interface.

Kieren

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kieren,

Did the repeat sections have a geopoint questions?  If not, they don't have a geometry explicitly ties to them and won't show up on the map - they can be accessed by placing the parent layer on the map and clicking on a feature to view their related records

0 Kudos
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

Correct, they don't have Geopoints - I am trying to look at them through the related table functionality, it opens the table but does not show the data - hence the problem

0 Kudos
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

Has Survey123 been updated to work with grandchildren repeats yet?

0 Kudos
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for posting this. This helps a lot and I too don't understand why this isn't documented somewhere else. Sounds like that is happening at the next release though thank you James.

Overall great tool, looking forward to the continued enhancements.

Brian

0 Kudos
SolanaFoo2
Occasional Contributor

@JosephMootz1 That hint about the labels needing to be the same helped!  I downloaded a hosted feature class and related table from AGOL and put it into SDE.  I manually re-generated the relationship class and let Pro give default labels, which were different.  I kept getting this error and finally, when I checked the downloaded gdb, saw that the labels were simply blank in the original relationship class.  That was it.

0 Kudos