Enable notifications for submitted Surveys and changes

07-25-2017 02:40 AM
MarcHoogerwerf
Occasional Contributor

This question has been asked before, but I would like to cast the net a bit wider. Responses included using the Geo-eventProcessor to catch changes in the underlying feature services. It feels a bit like using a canon to kill a fly.

I'm not sure if Survey123 forum is the right place to address this (Ideas also has a couple of entries on this topic), but I would like to see integration of feature services with ITTT or Microsoft Flows as it would allow integration of Survey123 with many more applications.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the suggestion. 

We still have webhooks in our backlog. However, we cannot share a time frame for the implementation currently.

MarcHoogerwerf
Occasional Contributor

Good to hear that it's on the backlog. In the mean-time, what would be your suggested approach? Implement a Python polling script?

0 Kudos
JinMa2
by
New Contributor II

I need help, I created a survey123, I need to automate this part: send email notification to my manager after a survey submitted.

My workplace doesn’t have Microsoft 365 subscription, therefore Power automate won’t work for me, I tried to use “make” formerly called Integromat, but always having trouble to connect to Gmail successfully, we don’t have google workplace account, but per Esri instruction, with free gmail account, should work. 

I need help how to configure the connection survey123 to Gmail thru Make successfully, I reached out to ESRI tech support (#03450298), was told not within its work scope, I reached out to Make Customer Support.  No response.

0 Kudos
TiffanyRufo
Occasional Contributor II

The solution we have been working on for the City is exactly that; a script that will query the feature layer for a specific field that is indicative of a new record (time/date/status ect) compile that query into a list or table and send an email to the people responsible for it. What we have probably isn't very elegant, and we haven't run it fully, but it is one solution.

I wandered down this path from stories and word of mouth from other people using python script to achieve the notifications they wanted.

JinMa2
by
New Contributor II

Hi, Tiffany, do you have the python script?  I don't code, but would like to try.  Thank you.  

0 Kudos
MarcGraham1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Marc Hoogerwerf‌,

Check out this blog post: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/12/04/survey123-beta-update 

Webhooks in the latest Beta.

Regards,

Marc

0 Kudos