Edit a survey using Survey123 Connect

09-12-2019 08:57 AM
AdelaideZumwalt1
Occasional Contributor II

I would like to edit a survey created on the Survey123 website in Survey123 Connect. Every time I select:

I get this error:

What am I missing? Is there any other way to get the survey here? It was originally created by another user using the Survey123 website and never published. I transferred ownership and would like to edit it in Survey123 Connect.

Thanks,

Adelaide

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adelaide,

I can see the same error you mentioned when clicking Edit in Survey123 Connect from AGOL org survey form options. This could be a protential issue we need to address. Could you contact your Technical Support to log this issue so that you have a record to follow up the issue status? By logging a salesforce issue would also help Survey123 team to track how many users are impacted by this issue and would promote the priority of the issue fix for our furture release.

To workaround this and open the survey in Survey123 Connect, you can sign in your portal in Connect:

Use Survey123 with ArcGIS Enterprise—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

After signing in, you should be able to see the survey from the menu and move on.

In addition, I saw that you had aceess to the surveys which were created on survey123 website and never published and transferred to you. Currently, there is no possible method to grant the permission to other users to edit the design of the survey except the owner of the survey. 

If you would like to modify the survey which are shared with you but owned by others, you will have to copy the survey form and re-create them. 

0 Kudos
EmelineRenz
New Contributor III

I experienced the same issue. I found that if I "pulled" the survey into Connect instead of "pushing" from AGO that it worked. 

However! I will warn you that I was not able to "republish" that survey after making changes. The best workaround I have found, so far, is to create a New Survey using the old XML file. It sounds like you don't have to worry about the URL to the Survey so you are in luck. 

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having this problem too. Just for the one survey I need of course, others are showing up but I haven't tried to edit and publish anything. Please get this fixed we are on a close time table here! Thanks, cob

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Charles,

We are aware of this issue but could you also contact Tech Support to log an issue for this? That way the priority of the issue fix will get promoted if we have more users encountering the same issue.

Thanks,

Shwu-Jing

0 Kudos