Delete survey from the Field App

Jump to solution
04-12-2022 02:13 AM
HélèneTouyéras
Occasional Contributor II

Good morning Survey123 friends,

I thought users could delete a survey using the field app... but there seems to be no button to do so.

I found the button to delete a draft survey:

HlneTouyras_0-1649754092470.png

But there is no such button when interacting with surveys in the updated inbox, even though my service allows deleting feature, and users do have delete rights.

My users do not understand why there is an app to create data and another one to delete data - they feel they have no right to make mistakes and (easily) clean after themselves.

• I am using S123Connect v3.13.251 
  • My users have S123 Field App v3.13.246.
  • The survey & service are built on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1
  • The webservice is referenced & allows feature deletion

Any help appreciated if there is a way around or some parameter I did not see to ease the user workflow.

Many thanks!! 🙂

Hélène.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Helene

Yes I dont think there's a delete survey button anywhere, especially not the Inbox. Maybe you could let the users edit the survey from the inbox and then have an option that only shows upon editing of a survey to mark the survey to be deleted. This could be a multi-select with only one option "Delete":

DeonLengton_0-1649769573685.png

This option can be made visible when the survey is being edited from the inbox (pulldata("@property", 'status') = 'inbox')

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Helene

Yes I dont think there's a delete survey button anywhere, especially not the Inbox. Maybe you could let the users edit the survey from the inbox and then have an option that only shows upon editing of a survey to mark the survey to be deleted. This could be a multi-select with only one option "Delete":

DeonLengton_0-1649769573685.png

This option can be made visible when the survey is being edited from the inbox (pulldata("@property", 'status') = 'inbox')

Hope that helps

HélèneTouyéras

Many thanks, @DeonLengton ! This is an excellent workaround 🙂

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

@DeonLengton suggested a really good workaround! Just wanted to add that I did find this in the Idea section for Survey123. Might be worth an upvote!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
HélèneTouyéras

Yes - totally agree! thanks!

0 Kudos