Date issue; date field shows one day back

01-17-2019 03:11 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi!

I am new in Survey123. I have a survey form which is about collecting information about de-mined hazard areas. In the report date field the surveyors enter the correct date but when I download the information, it gives me one day back. I think this is due to different time zones between local and UTC.

Is there any solution to this to download and appear the same date in the form and in the download?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sayed

You're correct, times and dates are stored in Survey123 (and across ArcGIS Online) in UTC. Please see this useful post by James Tedrick‌ that has links that should help you to use pulldata("@property", 'utcoffset') to add a local time to your survey.

And this comment shows a quick example.

The time stored in Survey123, as well as the rest of ArcGIS Online, is UTC time; while browsers automatically compensate for that when displaying data, other applications and the export display the value as stored (as if there are no time zones). If you are using Survey123 Connect, you can include a question to retrieve a device's time zone, which you can then use to offset the time.

Work with date fields—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/04/17/dates-and-time-in-survey123-for-arcgis 

Prepopulate answers—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS (how to get the UTC offset)

Please also see the Dates & Time sample in Survey123 Connect for more on working with dates and times in Survey123.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jim

Michelle_Baragona
New Contributor III

Hi Jim,

I'm wondering if you could help me with my very similar problem. The difference is that I'm pulling the date from a .csv file associated with the survey. The two fields are as follows: 

I've looked around at the solutions you listed above, but I can't seem to get any of it to work. Any insight would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

Michelle

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michelle

Perhaps this post by James Tedrick might be of use? Please see James' comments and his attached example, which demonstrates how to extract the date and apply the local UTC offset. Please let me know if this is useful.

Best,

Jim

0 Kudos
Michelle_Baragona
New Contributor III

That did the trick. Thanks so much!