Select to view content in your preferred language

Yes/No as predefined question type in Survey123

05-11-2022 11:34 AM
Labels (2)
NicolasCelano
Emerging Contributor

I feel the addition of a default "Yes/No" question would be quite useful and time saving within the Survey123 web app. Having it as an option would eliminate quite a few extra steps needed to create this option out of the standard "Single Choice" option. Currently if you want a simple Yes/No each time you create that you need to go through the following:

rename choice 1 to yes

rename choice 2 to no

delete choice 3

set to horizontal(not required but is a cleaner layout for this question)

This sounds small but when making a survey with dozens or even up to 100 questions of this type it becomes tedius.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter

3 Comments
EricG
by

@NicolasCelano has a good point here. I second this suggestion. Who @Esri is working on Survey 1,2,3? Any thoughts of offering this in future versioning of Survey 1,2,3?

SeanMcCormick125

I also think that @NicolasCelano makes an excellent point.  I work within a state government agency and frequently create forms in Survey123 that predominantly consist of Yes/No questions.  Having a predefined question type that only requires filling in the question text would be a tremendous time saver.

IsmaelChivite
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thanks for your suggestion. Changing status to under consideration. In the meantime, please note you can use the duplicate option as shown in the animation below.

Duplicate.gif