Have an Option Where Survey123 Dropdown List and Domains are Synced

09-11-2019 05:13 AM
New Contributor III

I have a workflow where I constantly need to update the dropdown list on a survey.  First, I add the new domains in the feature service. Then make the proper alterations on Survey123 Connect to republish the form. It'd be great if both the domain and said form list are were kept in sync. Or at least have said option available for each form.

6 Comments

Yes, would be great to have this.  I have always found it odd that the domain will initially be created for the choices in a drop down list during publishing, but they are not updated during republishing.

by

Not for me...

I have a huge domain with thousands of value. But dropdown list in my survey don't necessarily show all values from that list.

Would be great to take this one step further so that if someone adds an "Other" and creates a new one in the field, that other users can pick this up if they re-sync their surveys.  Have thought about trying to capture this using Flow, but not sure how you would bring this back into the survey automatically.

Also to add, that this would be an option on the xlsx form.

Idea has been updated. 

This would be a great option to have.  No matter how well we design and test the survey, the field folks always seem to encounter something we haven't thought of.  

Yes, please! Pick from the list or add a new one, which will become part of the list. Or dynamic list contents that can be updated externally from the publishing process.