Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to delete empty text space in StoryMap

Jump to solution
08-09-2023 09:53 AM
BrittanyBurson
Frequent Contributor

Here is an existing post about this but in the ArcGIS Pro community, same issue, I tried the suggestion to clear my cache but no go https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/deleting-text-space-in-storymaps/td-p/1086481 

I am unable to delete this empty space in my text box and it looks unprofessional. This should be really simple but I am unable to figure out how to delete this empty space? Anyone?

BrittanyBurson_0-1691599939147.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@BrittanyBurson - I'm sorry you've run into an issue with extra space. I ran into this once and resolved it by dragging the blocks below the space to a position above it. This rearranged the blocks and pushed the space out from between the blocks.

All blocks have a drag handle on the left when you hover over them. Just grab the block and drag it to relocate.

Can you give that a try and let us know if that works for you?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@BrittanyBurson - I'm sorry you've run into an issue with extra space. I ran into this once and resolved it by dragging the blocks below the space to a position above it. This rearranged the blocks and pushed the space out from between the blocks.

All blocks have a drag handle on the left when you hover over them. Just grab the block and drag it to relocate.

Can you give that a try and let us know if that works for you?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Frequent Contributor

@OwenGeo that worked, thank you very much for the reply.

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Frequent Contributor

I saw this was marked as an Accepted Solution... just want to follow up reply that it's a workaround rather than a solution... should still be fixed as it's not user friendly.