Storymap Map Tour with Feature Class

Jump to solution
01-04-2022 05:03 AM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

I really LOVE that I can use the Map Tour with an existing feature class, so that stories can be updated on the fly - this is fantastic. 

I realise this is a long shot, but is there any way I can change the settings so that each point on the map tour is shown using two different base maps (in this case I'd like it to show first in a Scene and then on a 2d Map, but I can think of other occasions where I'd like to show the relevant feature class with two different sets of contextual layers drawn from the same basemap). 

Any thoughts on how this could be achieved would be very welcome!  Might Experience Builder have the tools for this?

Thanks in advance, 

Helen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@HelenCooper - There's not currently a way to switch between 2D and 3D mode while viewing a tour (although we have discussed it), but you can use your own map with your own basemap and contextual layers. Just go to the tour's map settings, click the basemap button, then click Browse more basemaps and you'll be able to select your own web map.

You can build a web map however you'd like (with different basemaps and/or contextual layers visible at different scales, etc.) and those behaviors will be honored when your map is used in the map tour.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@HelenCooper - There's not currently a way to switch between 2D and 3D mode while viewing a tour (although we have discussed it), but you can use your own map with your own basemap and contextual layers. Just go to the tour's map settings, click the basemap button, then click Browse more basemaps and you'll be able to select your own web map.

You can build a web map however you'd like (with different basemaps and/or contextual layers visible at different scales, etc.) and those behaviors will be honored when your map is used in the map tour.

Owen Evans
HelenCooper

Thanks @OwenGeo , I hadn't spotted that - it's really helpful. 

0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Is there any way of zooming out between each map tour point - to have a global view between each pause?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@HelenCooper -- There is not currently a way to customize the flight path between tour points in the beta 3D map tour, but if that's something you'd like to see I'd encourage you to please post this idea on the ideas board so others can weigh in on that and vote for it.

Owen Evans
HelenCooper

Thanks @OwenGeo  I'll do that. 

0 Kudos