Story Map Tour - order of tour points

Jump to solution
11-08-2021 12:45 PM
JR5
by
New Contributor II

I'm evaluating different types of story maps for a potential project.

I'm new to developing story maps and I have two questions about Story Map Tour:

• If you add new tour points to a published story map, is there a way to control the new order of the tour points? (ie allowing you to place the newest point in a more geographically relevant order)

• From reading some of the blog posts, it seems that it's possible to modify the text on the flags associated with the tour points. Is it possible to have flags of different colours within the same Tour story map? Or are is currently only possible to have one colour within the Tour templates?

Thank you so much for any thoughts or help you may be able to provide!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

HI @JR5 -- Welcome! It's always great to have new additions to our community.

• If you've created a tour manually, you can simply drag and drop the slides to whatever order you'd like.

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 4.54.08 PM (2).jpg

• Currently, all tour points will be the same color, but we are looking at additional symbol options for tours in a future release. You might want to vote for this idea that's been submitted to our ideas board to register your support for this enhancement.
Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

HI @JR5 -- Welcome! It's always great to have new additions to our community.

• If you've created a tour manually, you can simply drag and drop the slides to whatever order you'd like.

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 4.54.08 PM (2).jpg

• Currently, all tour points will be the same color, but we are looking at additional symbol options for tours in a future release. You might want to vote for this idea that's been submitted to our ideas board to register your support for this enhancement.
Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
JR5
by
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for your help and the warm welcome, Owen. Cheers!

0 Kudos