Select to view content in your preferred language

Need to change basemap or multiple basemaps in story map

10-15-2023 01:52 AM
FawazMelebary
New Contributor

Hi ,

am creating a story map for my projects as a map tour type is guided-map focused.

but the map that is showing the projects is not having tools such as Compass tool and change base map tool and I would like to add them for my story map.

please help with this issue or refer to article.

regards,

Fawaz ., 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @FawazMelebary ,

You can use the Select Basemap option when editing the map on the map tour if using an express map. If you're looking to show multiple basemap options, one workaround would be to have different slides within a sidecar or slideshow showing different maps each with the different basemaps. Another option would be to embed an Insant App or Dashboard that is designed for a bit more map interaction. The compass tool is not currently a feature on the map options of a map tour. This would be a good suggestion for the ArcGIS Ideas page to suggest adding this feature in the future.

--Abby

MichaelAgbozo
New Contributor

Can the basemap in a pre-existing webmap be changed and saved without having to create(save as) a new copy of the old webmap?

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @MichaelAgbozo

Yes, you can save the basemap changes in the web map and your map element within your story should reflect that change.

--Abby

0 Kudos