Editing by Multiple People

Jump to solution
07-17-2019 09:38 AM
ShanaCrosson2
New Contributor III

Having fun playing with the new StoryMap builder! 

We're testing how it works to share with a group so multiple people can edit a map. I shared a map to a Group, but the other members weren't able to edit it. Is the functionality the same as with the classic StoryMaps? (I did Publish the StoryMap and shared with Update and access capabilities.)

28 Replies
KelleeKoenig1
Occasional Contributor

Just checked and Coworker 2 was using Edge; doesn’t appear to be an issue with Chrome. Thanks!

deleted-user-G6wNS5_BZkU9
New Contributor

I have a related question where I am trying to have multiple people able to edit story maps in our group but I can't find the option to make that happen. I'm following this post: Enable colleagues to update your maps and apps and I see this screenshot

But the highlighted is nowhere to be found in my settings. I made a new test group to double check and I still don't see the option. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Mitch Benes‌ -- You must be an admin (or be in a custom role that has been granted a specific administrative privilege) to create groups with the ability for all members to edit the items in a group. See Create groups—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation for more information.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
GISUser19
New Contributor II

Hi all, this is a helpful thread. Unfortunately none of the solutions are working for us, but perhaps we are dealing with a different problem. We are able to shared edits of Storymaps between users in our organization, but we very much want to be able to share edit ability of storymaps with users in other organzations who we have added as collaborators to groups. We believe we have set everything up correctly but it still does not allow people from outside the organization to edit the Storymaps. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
katherine_evans
New Contributor III

Hi Owen, I to am in the same boat and unable to let the people in my group edit the story map. Some of the share options specified in this and other blogs don't seem to appear for me. when the members of my group select the story map, they only have a view option. Any help you can give me with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Katie

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@katherine_evans -- You need to have an administrator or have specific permissions granted to you in order to set up a group that grants editing privileges. See the message/topics linked to above for more information.

Create groups—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

Owen Evans
katherine_evans
New Contributor III

Thanks for your prompt and courteous reply. I will reach out to my company and find out how to get this.

Katie

0 Kudos
AlexaDavis
New Contributor

Hello @OwenGeo I am a student working with a nonprofit to create a story map using the free arconline version and my student arconline account (I have to switch between both for this project). I am in charge of creating the mapping content and I want the nonprofit members to be able to edit our story map. I've read through the above chain on creating groups and I still have questions. I see that you need to be an administrator to allow group members to edit shared content. As a student/ intern (my nonprofit does not have anything other than the free account for arconline) how do I get administrator privileges if I am using the free version? 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AlexaDavis -- Collaborative editing is not available with a free, public ArcGIS Online account; it requires a subscription account.

Non-profit organizations can get special pricing for subscriptions through the Esri Non-Profit Program which you can find out more about here: Nonprofit Software Pricing Program (esri.com). If the organization you are working with requires collaboration at this level, I would recommend they look into establishing an organizational subscription account through this program.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos