Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating a Storymap with circular marker icons

07-06-2023 06:32 AM
Labels (1)
applestapler
New Contributor

Hello everyone. I've looked all over the place but I just can't seem to find the setting in AGOL Storymaps to create CIRCULAR ICONS in a map. Such as this:

https://imgur.com/ARamzhX 

source: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/0969f37a469f4ee8aa67a11e12d95421?item=2

By default in Guided map tours, the icons show as numbered placard icons. I can change that to map markers (pins) if I switch the format from Guided to Explorer, but that isn't ideal. I definitely like the numbered circles, could someone kindly point me in the right direction? Seems like a simple thing I'm overlooking. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @applestapler ,

The default marker for ArcGIS StoryMaps guided tours is the circular icon. I think you may be using a Storymaps.com account, which uses the more squared default marker. The only way to change that icon in a map tour is by changing the layout. 

Your quick fix here is to either change the current map tour to an Explorer layout, or use an ArcGIS StoryMaps account (storymaps.arcgis.com). You could also add the idea for further map tour icon shape customization to the ArcGIS Ideas page for the request to add this functionality to Storymaps.com or ArcGIS StoryMaps in the future!

--Abby

0 Kudos
applestapler
New Contributor

Thank you Abby.

The switch to storymaps.arcgis.com works, but I cannot add audio because it's a free public account. I'd like to switch to my active, paid subscription that I was using at storymaps.com, but when I try to log into storymaps.arcgis.com it says:

"Hmm... there seems to be an issue.

We were unable to sign you in using those credentials. Please contact your ArcGIS administrator for assistance."

I don't have an administrator... I'm just a single user. How do I log into my paid account on storymaps.arcgis.com? I'd love to use the circular icons and insert audio and that seems like the only way. 

0 Kudos