Select to view content in your preferred language

Configure Browser tab content for storymaps

Jump to solution
11-10-2022 11:09 AM
Labels (1)
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

I have a storymap that displays it's name in the browser tab when I'm editing it. However, when previewing or viewing live the browser tab simply says "Untitled story" How do I fix this? Furthermore, can I switch out the icon for a corporate one?

ahargreaves_FW_0-1668107245739.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

@AbbyE_Esri  here's my 'storycard'. I copied and pasted the title into the summary, which appears to how add it to the tab. Thanks

ahargreaves_FW_2-1669225892785.png

Here's my idea for the icon update: 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-storymaps-ideas/allow-icon-change-within-browser-tab-for-apps-a...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello,

To upload your own logo, select the Design tab when editing your story, and scroll to the bottom to see the Upload Logo option.

When adding your story's name, is this title getting added in the Title element? If not, the name of your story will not populate in the browser tab.EF901D4A-86C1-40D3-A390-3703393ECFF4.jpeg

Let me know if you have additional questions,

Abby

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

Hi @AbbyE_Esri 

Sadly I'd already tried both those options, without success, hence why I posted here. Here's my logo added in the design tab, but alas it never shows in the browser tab:

ahargreaves_FW_0-1668461531239.png

And here's a GIF to show that I have a title set, which fails to show in the tab also...

Storymaps.gif

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Thanks for providing that GIF to demonstrate.

Are you seeing this issue with all of your stories at the minute, or just this one? I'm also curious if the StoryMap item in your Organization's ArcGIS Online Content page is showing the title if it has already been published, or if it is also calling it "Untitled".

I'd recommend reaching out to Esri Support so they can help you further troubleshoot this issue.

Let us know how else we can help,

Abby

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

@ahargreaves_FW Hope you're well,

I wanted to follow up on this and provide a bit more information on the behavior you're seeing:

• For your title on the tab, can we check what is set on the Story card page when you select publish? I have a feeling the title did not get transferred over to the Title section there: 35292177-C7E1-4848-89AC-6F3AC15FF4AE.jpeg
  • I apologize, I was looking at the options for changing the logo on the top of your story header, not in the browser tab. At the minute, changing the logo icon in the browser tab is not supported. I would recommend posting an idea for this in our ArcGIS StoryMaps Ideas page to request this enhancement in future releases. 

Let me know if you have further questions here, and if altering the Story card title on the Publish page resolves your issue.

Thanks,

Abby

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

@AbbyE_Esri  here's my 'storycard'. I copied and pasted the title into the summary, which appears to how add it to the tab. Thanks

ahargreaves_FW_2-1669225892785.png

Here's my idea for the icon update: 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-storymaps-ideas/allow-icon-change-within-browser-tab-for-apps-a...

AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

@ahargreaves_FW, I'm glad that worked for you! Thanks for posting in the Ideas page as well. 

Happy Holidays,

Abby

0 Kudos