Select to view content in your preferred language

Value in Survey 123 populating in Quick Capture (or can I hide those fields)

Jump to solution
05-02-2024 07:58 AM
Labels (1)
SteveBrewer
Occasional Contributor

Hi All

I have a survey 123 form that we are integrating some geometry and set of questions to quick capture because we need to take multiple lines at once from the same feature layer. Some of the questions will be pre-populated from Survey 123 so Id either like to hide them in quick capture or have these calculated fields already filled in at quick capture. Let me know what is possible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steve - can you clarify the workflow?

Are you using link buttons in QuickCapture to launch a Survey123 form and prepopulate survey questions?

See: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-blog/working-with-link-buttons-in-quickcapture/ba-...

The Survey123 integration allows you to launch a survey from QuickCapture and pass through the user location and some attributes. However, QuickCapture does not pass through a captured geometry, meaning that this workflow will not work for polylines or polygons.

Your best options is to capture the polylines in QuickCapture and then use the Survey123 inbox to access the captured features and update the additional attributes. To do this you would create a QuickCapture project and Survey123 survey from the same feature layer.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steve - can you clarify the workflow?

Are you using link buttons in QuickCapture to launch a Survey123 form and prepopulate survey questions?

See: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-blog/working-with-link-buttons-in-quickcapture/ba-...

The Survey123 integration allows you to launch a survey from QuickCapture and pass through the user location and some attributes. However, QuickCapture does not pass through a captured geometry, meaning that this workflow will not work for polylines or polygons.

Your best options is to capture the polylines in QuickCapture and then use the Survey123 inbox to access the captured features and update the additional attributes. To do this you would create a QuickCapture project and Survey123 survey from the same feature layer.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

John