Select to view content in your preferred language

Change the color of a button when it is activated

09-08-2023 12:01 PM
jiangmingyue
Emerging Contributor

Hi everyone,

To my knowledge, QuickCapture may not have an explicit built-in feature for dynamically changing the color of a button during recording and reverting it back afterward through the user interface.

However, I would like to change the color of the button when collecting, along with the existing blinking effect. For example, changing the color from green to red is helpful to remind the field people that they are supposed to do another action on the phone when the work is done. Additional thoughts on alerting field people to focus on their phones and collect complete data are welcomed so they will not go home with phones still capturing data.

If this feature is still not available in the latest version of ArcGIS QuickCapture, how can I develop a custom solution, probably using Python? I imagine this would involve more advanced customization beyond what can be achieved through the QuickCapture designer interface.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - This functionality is not supported in the QuickCapture app, and there is currently no way to customize it (we are gathering requirements on this for future updates). For now I would raise this as an idea: Provide the option to define a custom colour for when a button is active.

In the future, we will be adding support for Geotriggers (alterts being given to the user when they enter or leave a specific area). Would this be helpeful for your scenario?

0 Kudos
jiangmingyue
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! The Geotriggers will be helpful for sure. It is also interesting to alert the drivers to click stop on their phones before they go back, which is why they proposed that changing the button color might help.

Another remark from the field people is to have a bigger font size for the project user inputs and button user input. This will be especially useful for a driver with a big thumb to choose correctly from a choice list.

0 Kudos