Select to view content in your preferred language

Zonal remap raster function - can't enter zonal attributes table

03-01-2021 02:01 PM
Labels (1)
MikeShelley
New Contributor

I'm trying to reclassify raster cell values based on where they intersect another raster. The primary raster classifies vegetation type, and I would like to overlay a second raster that classifies wildfire severity, then use the Zonal Remap function to change the vegetation type based on the wildfire severity (where areas of high fire severity exist, change vegetation cell values from "forest" to "grassland").

It seems like the Zonal Remap raster function would be the way to accomplish this, but I would love to hear if there is a more appropriate tool!

When setting up the Zonal Remap tool, I can't seem to enter a table into the field marked "Zonal Attributes Table" (see attached screenshot). There is no drop-down menu available to select a table, and I can't drag/drop a table from the Table of Contents or the Catalog pane into the field. Am I missing something? I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1

0 Kudos
14 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Dan, are you able to paste the path in that box?  That is the workaround.

While this will also be improved in the help, good point about that not showing for each parameter (like it does for GP tools).  I'll bring that up as well.

0 Kudos
MikeShelley
New Contributor

I tried pasting the file path, but after running the tool it doesn't appear that any changes have occurred.

I also tried following the link that Dan provided, to subscribe to the bug report, but hit the same 404 error that he posted a screenshot of. The link worked yesterday afternoon, but not anymore...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@MikeShelley give it a go with your data.

@KoryKramer  

zonalremap1.png

Updating with the workaround?   It has been sometime that it was originally filed

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

When an update is made that is public, it goes through a brief copy review stage.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Production Plan

Alternate solution

Paste the path into the Zonal Attributes Table parameter rather than trying to browse to it.

Updated as of March 2nd

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos