Select to view content in your preferred language

Which the Most Value-Added ArcPro Extension/Add-on?

Jump to solution
08-22-2023 12:55 PM
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

With a bit of extra money in the departmental budget for software allocation, I have started looking into possible ArcPro extensions, and I thought I would post to the community to see what people use the most and get the most value from or helps save the most time in their work flow. (Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, ArcScan, etc.)

Sidebar: I work mainly in and with Engineering and Public works, so I work heavily with Engineering design, management and exchange of data between Autocad and ArcGIS, develop apps for field use, and also use some analysis tools for asset management and planning purposes.  (just to give a bit of context and see if there's anything specific that would help in that arena). 

Any and all feedback is welcome and much appreciated!  I am looking forward to seeing what everyone utilizes and in what ways.

Cheers,

-Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Coming from the Public Works sector as well, I would say Spatial Analyst. It seems like the only other extension I ever use. I've generated contours for our engineers and used ArcHydro for basin delineations

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Coming from the Public Works sector as well, I would say Spatial Analyst. It seems like the only other extension I ever use. I've generated contours for our engineers and used ArcHydro for basin delineations

BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

Spatial Analyst was the most in demand extension when I was working back in my ArcMap days. Third party apps XTools Pro and ETGeoWizards were also popular, especially with less experienced users. The latter offered some functionality that was not available with a Basic license. Both of these offer evaluation opportunities at no charge. Esri also partners with various providers that might offer something appropriate for your business.