Uncontrolled zoom out on layout view arcgis pro

Jump to solution
02-22-2018 11:57 AM
SamMontoia1
New Contributor III

I have attached a screen capture of ArcGIS Pro behavior.  In the short video I click the navigate tool (not shown) and press the shift key as it was my understanding that this would allow me to Window zoom in a part of the map that I am interested in.  Instead pressing the shift key causes the zoom of the layout to zoomout to infinity.  Why is this happening? and why would anyone want it to happen?  It is maddeningly frustrating.  similar types of behavior occur when I try to use "Select".  This behavior seems to be limited to when the Layout is the activated

I also might add that similar to ArcGIS desktop behavior requiring some combination of pressing "C" or using the Shift key to reset the current tool; I seem perpetually stuck in a rotate view behavior that pressing "C" or "shift" doesn't seem  to fix.  

35 Replies
RobertKirkwood
Occasional Contributor III

Kory,

Has this issue been figured out? The University of Wyoming is using WebRoot. They do not plan on changing that. This is a big issue for many of our staff on campus. Thanks

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Robert,

As stated in the March 19th post, our development team has investigated the issue and determined that it is caused by antivirus software.  You will need to work with WebRoot to determine the appropriate security settings so that it does not hook into ArcGIS processes.

I hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

Do you have a different solution that does not involve changing our county's security policies?

0 Kudos
lbraceromarre
New Contributor II

Hi:

I downloaded the newest version of ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2., and its giving the same problem. Moreover, its not allowing to click the select tool (layout view) to select different items.  It only shows the navigation hand.

Thanks.

TobiasWilde-Zahn2
New Contributor

Hello,
I suddenly had the same mistake today as described here. I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1 and Sophos Antivir. Now I have uninstalled Sophos Antivir and so far the errors have not reappeared.

0 Kudos
katemcc918
New Contributor

Hi, I am also having this problem intermittently, both with zooming and map rotation, running Pro 3.1. It is very inconsistent and responds inconsistently to various options. Sometimes I can press a keyboard shortcut to get it to stop, sometimes I can only press escape. Sometimes it stops if I restart the software, sometimes it stops if I restart my computer, and sometimes that doesn't work and it just randomly stops after a while with no apparent prompting. I am not running WebRoot, Sophos, or Symantec anti-virus. My company has Windows Defense and CrowdStrike Falcon Sensor.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am the only one in my department having this issue, which would not be the case if it were just the antivirus software.

0 Kudos