Suddenly unable to add my hosted feature layers to ArcGIS Pro...

07-25-2022 03:40 PM
Labels (2)
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

I opened up Arc Pro this morning and attempted to add a hosted feature layer from my AGOL content, and was presented with Server Login prompt.  I tried entering my AGOL credentials, and received an authentication error.  Tried with numerous other feature layers, all of which I am the owner.  I was even able to successfully publish a new layer, and get the same error when trying to add it to a map in Pro after publishing.  I am only able to add layers that are shared publicly (everyone).  Sharing to owner, organization, groups, etc. gives me the error message.  Access from web maps in AGOL is working as expected.

The weird thing is that I've got another machine with the same version of ArcPro, and everything works fine on that machine (logged into the same AGOL account).  I can add layers to ArcPro as expected.

This issue is brand new, and everything was working fine last week.  I updated to ArcPro 3.0 on both machines about a week ago, but no issues until today.

Opened a case with ESRI support already, but they didn't have a solution off the bat.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

BrantCarman_0-1658788606269.png

BrantCarman_1-1658788635417.png

UPDATE 8/1/2022:
  Issue seems to have resolved on its own.. No changes on my end, and ESRI claims no changes on their end to fix the error.  Clicked and dragged a hosted layer from catalog into Arc Pro Map this morning, and it added without issue.  This was an Arc Pro session that was left open over the weekend, so no restart of application or computer, etc.  It just started working again...

I should mention that ESRI ArcGIS Pro Desktop Support team passed me off to ArcGIS Online Support team.  Both support teams were stumped on the issue, after a few days of troubleshooting.  Esri Case #03112677

0 Kudos
11 Replies
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

I should mention that I also attempted a reinstall of ArcGIS Pro on the machine, and this didn't fix the problem either.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

any chance you tried signing out, then back in?

This is ESRI, and that is kind of like a re-boot 🙂

RhettZufelt_0-1658853390392.png

Otherwise, not sure as I'm having no issues today.

R_

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

One of the first things I tried, but thanks for the suggestion!  This issue seems to be specific to my laptop.  I have another laptop with the same OS, same version of ArcPro, same login, etc... and my hosted layers add just fine.  The problem literally popped up over the weekend, and not changes on my end... and no solutions so far...

I'm about to do a clean install of ArcPro, as suggested by support this morning.  If that doesn't work I'll see what support has in mind for next steps.

0 Kudos
Jason_Penning
New Contributor

Had same issue and similarly would work on another computer.

What fixed it was clearing the ArcPro cache -- https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/clearing-the-cache/td-p/1111850

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

I did try that, a couple of times actually, and didn't seem to make a difference.  I actually tried a clean install of Arc Pro as well, and that did not resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
JaredJones
New Contributor II

Came into work Monday and this is now happening to me. 

0 Kudos
MichaelTroyer
New Contributor

This exact issue has been happening to me and several others on my team. But not always at the same time..

0 Kudos
MichaelTroyer
New Contributor

I found a solution to this problem that worked for my team (reinstalling, rolling back to 2.9, and clearing the cache all did not help). When I encounter the server log in screen, I simply open my browser, log into AGOL, and then close and reopen Pro. That seems to flush the authentication and everything works fine again (though it does still happen from time to time). Hope this helps!

Heather_Campbell
New Contributor II

This fixed the issue for me. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos