Spatial Joins Troubleshooting for Beginners

08-05-2022 12:44 PM
Labels (1)
DReyno40
New Contributor

Good afternoon all,

I'm a relatively new user to ArcGIS Pro and running version 2.9.3 for a school project.

What I'm attempting to do is do a spatial join of tree canopy gain/loss data to census tracts in my local community of Charlotte, NC. From there, I'm trying to run statistics on the number of gain or loss polygons within each census tract but for some reason can't seem to get my joins to process. I've attached a few screenshots of what I've been trying to do to show the attribute fields I have but maybe I'm just missing something more basic. Posting here was sort of a big hurdle as I've been really bad at asking for help but I'm going to continue to search for different data sources that may get me what I'm trying to do and comb through forum posts from the past for potential solutions as well. 

Appreciate your time in advance for anyone willing to look/respond.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DReyno40
New Contributor

So, something was funky with the 'loss' features in my canopy data. I ended up re-importing and creating a new layer of all features and joining with the updated table. Not sure exactly what the error was but...figured it out. I'm still in the midst of submitting my final project and posting it here just to see if anyone would like to comment and maybe find something crazy I need to change before it is due on Wednesday. For some reason I can't see my North arrow but others can. Not sure if that is just a pdf thing or what. Look forward to being more involved in the community as my program progresses. Thank you! 

0 Kudos