polygon label

06-19-2019 05:36 PM
FrankReichenbacher
New Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3.

Is it true that features in layers can't be labeled in a Local Scene 2D view? You can go through all the motions, but, mysteriously, and with no way to understand why, the label position options are all disabled (grayed out). See attachment 2D_View. Labels for this polygon do not appear.

I have seen comments hinting at that elsewhere. Is this on purpose? If so, what on earth for? And why is the software perfectly happy with letting you go through all the motions of labeling features if it isn't allowed? If it's a bug, is it being actively worked on and when can we expect an updated release with a fix?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
FrankReichenbacher
New Contributor

Kory,

This is the post that led me to start thinking there was a bug or problem. I don't see any replies to it. 

My problem is a little worse since I'm not able to label this feature at all. Only when I convert the scene to a map can I do that and, as well, the label positioning tools light up. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

That is an Idea in the ArcGIS Ideas space.  Here is the documentation describing this as known behavior

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/mapping/text/labeling-basics.htm

So, the idea that has been submitted would be to allow for more control over labeling properties when working in 3D.

0 Kudos