Select to view content in your preferred language

Just bought a student subscription for Pro, can't log in because I have a public ArcGIS Online account

Jump to solution
02-21-2023 03:55 PM
KimReasor
New Contributor

Help, I am stuck in an endless loop. I just created a free public ArcGIS Online account in order to use my new ArcGIS Pro student license. I have downloaded the software, but am unable to use it. Each time I try to log in, I get stuck in a window telling me I can't login because I don't have an organization account.

It looks like if you get the "ArcGIS Desktop Advanced (ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap) it will give you a Creator type license? And that you can't use Pro with a public online account? (see link) Is that what I should have done?

Did I just waste $100 on a Pro student subscription that I can't use?

Would appreciate any comprehensible advice.

https://community.esri.com/t5/my-esri-blog/tips-tricks-arcgis-pro-and-public-accounts/ba-p/888451

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KimReasor
New Contributor

I solved this by calling customer support. Had to assign the license through the My Esri portal, and then to My Organization (even if you are not part of an organization!). The process is a bit labyrinthine.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KimReasor
New Contributor

I solved this by calling customer support. Had to assign the license through the My Esri portal, and then to My Organization (even if you are not part of an organization!). The process is a bit labyrinthine.

AndresMoreno
New Contributor II
0 Kudos