Integrate tool says dpatial references don't match when they do

Jump to solution
01-12-2022 04:41 PM
Labels (2)
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

I have 2 polyline feature classes and I'm trying to use the Integrate tool to close gaps between lines where one road doesn't quite meet another. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1642034314115.png

Both datasets are spatial reference 4283 (Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994), and I've even made the map the same spatial reference, but despite the tool running to completion, nothing changes and I get the below warning:

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_1-1642034404733.png

What am I missing here?

Tool inputs below for reference:

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_2-1642034445784.pngLindsayRaabe_FPCWA_3-1642034456530.png

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

Small breakthrough. I exported a small area of the 2 datasets and Projected it into a Projected spatial reference and tried the Integrate tool again. It still didn't do anything, until I added in a tolerance of 15 metres and sure enough, the 2nd dataset moved to colocate features with verticies of the 1st. Will try again on the larger datasets once I've projected them as well. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1642038236637.png

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you share screenshots of the spatial reference properties of both the layers?

Think Location
0 Kudos
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1642035031051.png

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_1-1642035046129.png

And the map:

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_2-1642035066170.png

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Does the issue persist if you use Pairwise Integrate instead?

Else, could you close all ArcGIS applications > Open a new Map > Run the tool again (Browse to the input data's folder location from the input features parameter).

Think Location
0 Kudos
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

Just tried the Pairwise Integrate and it rejected the inputs outright. Running the INtegrate tool in a new project and browsing to the data directly gave me the same results as above ("successful" but with warnings and no data changed). 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
0 Kudos
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

Small breakthrough. I exported a small area of the 2 datasets and Projected it into a Projected spatial reference and tried the Integrate tool again. It still didn't do anything, until I added in a tolerance of 15 metres and sure enough, the 2nd dataset moved to colocate features with verticies of the 1st. Will try again on the larger datasets once I've projected them as well. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1642038236637.png

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer