Image Analyst- Detect objects using deep learning

Jump to solution
04-22-2021 04:50 AM
Labels (2)
AndrewEastop
New Contributor III

Hello everyone

I have just got the image analyst toolbox added to my ArcPro and was wanting to use the 'Detect objects using deep learning' function. However, when I go to run the model I am getting this error message below and I have no idea what it means? I have downloaded the deep learning package (Building Footprint Extraction - US) is there something else I was meant to do or another extension to add?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

thanks

AndrewEastop_1-1619091976979.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DrVSSKiran
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Have you deployed the deep learning models in ArcGIS Pro. If not go to the python environment management option (Refer Screenshot) in ArcGIS Pro and create a python clone and install the required libraries including PyTorch and fast ai. Secondly, check the GPU usage. If it's using 100% try to reduce the patch size and trained the model and use that as an emd.

DrVSSKiran_1-1619095098336.png

Here are one best use cases of palm tree detection. Try for this and try to install all packages manually, so that you get to understand how it works and what all libraries required.

https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/use-deep-learning-to-assess-palm-tree-health/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DrVSSKiran
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Have you deployed the deep learning models in ArcGIS Pro. If not go to the python environment management option (Refer Screenshot) in ArcGIS Pro and create a python clone and install the required libraries including PyTorch and fast ai. Secondly, check the GPU usage. If it's using 100% try to reduce the patch size and trained the model and use that as an emd.

DrVSSKiran_1-1619095098336.png

Here are one best use cases of palm tree detection. Try for this and try to install all packages manually, so that you get to understand how it works and what all libraries required.

https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/use-deep-learning-to-assess-palm-tree-health/

0 Kudos
AndrewEastop
New Contributor III

thank you!

0 Kudos