How to explore Lidar data in a scene in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
07-19-2016 03:41 PM
TheodoreRakel
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to view Lidar data in arc gis pro 1.3.  I've done this in arc map using the LAS dataset toolbar and clicking on the 3D view button.  Here's how it looks in arc map:

arcmap_lidar_3d_view.jpg

Here's what I see in arc gis pro.  I added my LAS dataset to a Scene in arc gis pro.  I get a red bounding box for the point cloud, but as I zoom in, I never see the point cloud displayed like I see it arc map.  Does ArcGIS Pro 1.3 offer a similar experience to the 3D View on the LAS Dataset toolbar in ArcMap?  I do have the 3D Analyst extension enabled in arc gis pro.

arcgispro_lidar_scene.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes it does,

Try changing your symbology.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes it does,

Try changing your symbology.

TheodoreRakel
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I tried that but still can't see the point cloud.  Maybe it's my data, which I got from esri but I can't recall where.  Any idea where I can get some LAS data to test in arc gis pro?  Something that you know displays properly.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Try this

Local Government Scenes | ArcGIS for Local Government

This will step you through the process of creating LAS dataset in pro. Just use the Tasks.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately right now there's no indication that the LASD is broken in the UI.  Most likely the behavior your see above is due to a broken data source for your LAS files.  Follow the tutorial below to recreate the LASD in Pro, and see if that resolves your problem.