How to create a vector with unique values

Jump to solution
11-23-2021 09:18 AM
Labels (2)
AndrewEastop
New Contributor III

Hello everyone

I am currently working on a project using model builder which produces a raster and vector file as the final outputs.

I have created symbology layers for both (3 values and colours (pic2)) of these outputs which i hoped they would both stick to when the final version is produced. I have done research and from what i have read i cant do this on raster but it is possible on vectors. 

Currently when the vector is loaded in it is a single value rather than being unique value format. I have add the vector symbology layer to each stage of the model that has something to do with the final output but no luck. (pic1)

I know that I can sort this manually when produced but the client would rather its done in the model

Any help would be very much appreciated 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To apply symbology from a .lyrx to either a vector or raster outputs in ModelBuilder: 

1. Make the output a model parameter and apply a lyrx to its symbology property in the Model Properties dialog. This usually works best when the model is run as a tool.

2. Create a layer in the model with Make Feature Layer or Make Raster Layer, and run the Apply Symbology to Layer tool, and then add to display.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
2 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To apply symbology from a .lyrx to either a vector or raster outputs in ModelBuilder: 

1. Make the output a model parameter and apply a lyrx to its symbology property in the Model Properties dialog. This usually works best when the model is run as a tool.

2. Create a layer in the model with Make Feature Layer or Make Raster Layer, and run the Apply Symbology to Layer tool, and then add to display.

Hope this helps!

Tags (1)
AndrewEastop
New Contributor III

Hello 

Thank you very much for the reply that has solved my problem!

thanks!