Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I conduct a Gap Analysis of species protection (with Zonal Statistics Table)

12-22-2022 11:33 AM
Labels (1)
Marcie02
New Contributor

Hi there,

I am new to this community and also don't have too much experience with ArcGIS pro. However, I am conducting a gap analysis and have become stuck with how to create and visualise my findings. 

So far, I have a raster datafile for a certain species distribution, and a polygon layer for protected areas. I want to see how much of the species are currently being protected (i.e found within the protected are polygons) and additionally how much of it is therefore unprotected. I have generated a zonal statistics table with the data, so I can now see on the 'count' row how many cells (0.005 cell size) lie within each protected area polygon. 

I am not sure what to do next with this table, and wondered if anyone had suggestions for how to present this data for a gap analysis. 

Thank you for any help, it is very much appreciated and I understand that this is quite a broad question (I am still learning!)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Tabulate Area often identifies the "how much" question

Solved: Seeking a tool like 'zonal statistics as table' bu... - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Marcie02
New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion! Im sure that would work, but in this case I still want to use the zonal statistics table, do you have any suggestions on how to use the table for gap analysis? 

0 Kudos