Georeferencing - Plat (TIFF or PNG) keeps disappearing

09-19-2022 10:08 AM
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello All,

I have begun the process of Georeferencing Plats of Survey for our parcels. However, when I try to 'Move', 'Scale', and/or 'Rotate' the plat in Pro it disappears from view.  

I can load the Plat of Survey into Pro just fine (see attachment '1_LoadedPlat') but after setting SRS and then activating the 'Move' command from the 'Prepare' group the Plat disappears (see attachment '2_LoadedPlat').  I can get the plat to reappear if I click 'Add Control Points' from the 'Adjust' group (see attachment '3_AddControlPoints') but if I select the 'Move', 'Scale', and/or 'Rotate the plat will disappear again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FYI: I have tried this in both version 2.9.3 and 3.0.1. I have also tried using a PDF > Export to TIFF and PDF > export to PNG

2 Replies
CarlMorrison
Occasional Contributor

I have seen a similar issue, try unchecking and rechecking (i.e., turn off and back on) the raster layer.  See this post https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-pro-2-8-georeferencing-raster-temporarily/... 

ShelbyKline
New Contributor

I'm having the reverse issue where my TIFF disappears when loading the plat and adding control points. Turning the images on and off unfortunately doesn't solve the issue. I haven't tried georeferencing them as PNGs yet, but I'm going to do so now. 

Edit: same result with PNGs

0 Kudos