I have a custom multi-role locator that has two reference tables/layers: one of address points, and one of roads. This locator works great both as a published service and as a locator to use in the Locate pane in ArcGIS Pro.
The issue I'm having is with geocoding a table of 1000+ rows by address, and all address in the table are legitimate and populated. For whatever reason, there's 20 addresses that seem to be unmatched every time (score of 0, status 'U'), however when I directly type the same exact value in the table's 'Single Line Address' field into the Locate pane, referencing the very same geocoder, it comes back as a match. What's going on here? Does the Geocode Address tool 'max out' at more than 1000 rows in a table? 1100 some addresses still get matched and another 18 are tied.
I would be helpful to get more details about your locator and the addresses being geocoded in the table. I have geocoded 12.5M records in a table with the Geocode Addresses tool in ArcGIS Pro, so I do not believe the number of records in your table is the issue.
1. What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?
2. Was the locator built with any administrative zones (city, state, zip, neighborhood) mapped?
3. What is the 'Match with no zone' property set to in the locator properties?
4. Does the input address in the table include an administrative zone (380 New York St, Redlands, CA) or is it just <house number> + <street name> (380 New York St) ?
1. I had been using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.2, but after upgrading to 2.8.3 recently the same issue persists.
2. The locator was not built with any administrative zones. The reference data consisted of our NextGen 911 data for Address Points (Point Address role) and Road Centerlines (Street Address role). The locator is only for one county (which includes two incorporated towns that are included in our 911 authority) and only intended to geocode on addresses that would be in our jurisdiction.
3. I was very purposeful in setting the 'Match with no zone' property to 'Yes.' I also added a few more characters to the defaults for recognized road intersections ('/' ,'&', '@','|', 'and') etc
4. Input address table only includes the street address, i.e. '100 MAIN ST' without any administrative zone.
One of the more puzzling things is that my older locators (separate ones for Address Points vs Streets) created from the same reference data but with the 'Create Address Locator' tool perform perfectly and match almost 100% or records each time. Now that Esri has deprecated that tool, I essentially need to rely on never deleting those locators and rebuilding them as needed if the new one doesn't do the job. Other strange behavior: input address that get a score of 0 using the new locator (in the output fc of the 'Geocode Addresses' tool), when entering the same exact input into the ArcPro Locate pane, using the same exact multirole locator that had been used in the tool, finds the unmatched address no problem.
I did open a support case with Esri yesterday, but I am quite interested to see if anyone else encounters this behavior.
1. Are you able to provide a screenshot of the field mapping of the multirole locator you have created, I'd like to check the field mapping.
2. When you create a locator w/o any administrative zones the 'Match with no zone' property is set to 'Yes' by default and this is the recommended setting when building a locator without zone.
3. I am curious to know what the match level is of the candidate that is returned in the Locate pane. Right-click the result and select Show Details and check the Addr_type field. The following topic describes the values that are returned in the Addr_type field, https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geocoding/what-is-included-in-the-geocoded-result....