Field width resets after I calculate a field

Jump to solution
05-21-2021 09:21 AM
Labels (2)
RobertHursey
Occasional Contributor II

After Pro upgrading from 2.5.1 to 2.8, when I select records and calculate fields, the field widith reset to the default width.  This never happened before the update.  Is the a reason/solution for this issue?  I have removed the layer and re-added, restarted the map, restarted the machine, tried different projects, and finally made a new project in 2.8. The problem persists regardless of what I do.  I calculate fields all day long and I need to be able to adjust them to read all text.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Contact Tech Support and file an issue.  It has been reported here recently (can't find it now).

Things get addressed when cases are filed.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Contact Tech Support and file an issue.  It has been reported here recently (can't find it now).

Things get addressed when cases are filed.

... sort of retired...
RobertHursey
Occasional Contributor II

I don't appear to be set up to contact customer support.  This is my line of contact.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

hmmmm  Try "requesting" permission through your My Esri link.  Your contact person will get a request to grant you permissions.  If you know them... fire off a request directly.

@KoryKramer an FYI.  If you could check internal links to see if this has a case #

There are older related links which are "implemented"

For example

BUG-000106836: The width of a column is adjusted to the default siz.. (esri.com)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks for tagging me, Dan.  We're looking into this and will follow up on this thread.