Error: Not a legal OleAut date

350
3
10-04-2021 11:04 AM
Labels (2)
Eric
by
New Contributor II

HI folks,

Has anybody received the following error when attempting to open an attribute table in an FGDB in ArcGIS Pro? 

Untitled.png

This error is showing up when opening attribute tables associated with featureclasses in several of my FGDBs.  In all cases, the featureclasses have fields associated with editor tracking (e.g., Creator, CreationDate, Editor, EditorDate).  The EditorDate and CreatorDate fields are the only date fields in the featureclass. I am getting the error whenever I try to open the attribute table regardless of whether there is data in the featureclass or not.  I have tried deleting all data out of the featureclass, but still received the same error.

I can open the attribute tables just fine in ArcMap, but not in ArcGIS Pro.

The only reference to this error that I found was at: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000024929.

Unfortunately, this reference doesn't seem to pertain as I am getting the error even if the table is empty.

I can provide a blank FGDB with the affected featureclasses if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance!

 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Eric
by
New Contributor II

Just to clarify, the affected Featureclasses were developed back in May 2021 and all worked fine back then.  One of the FGDBs was published to AGOL in May and is still working fine in that environment (including the editor tracking fields).  Since it was working fine in May and still works in ArcMap and AGOL, this leads me to believe that it must be a problem introduced by one of the ArcGIS Pro updates.

0 Kudos
ByronUsswald
New Contributor II

Disabling editor tracking and then reenabling editor tracking resolved this issue for me.

0 Kudos
Eric
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Byron.  I am glad you were able to resolve it.  I tried disabling and enabling editor tracking with no luck.  I continue to receive the error message when I try to open the attribute tables.  I ended up just working with a fresh copy of the dataset downloaded from AGOL.  I never have figured out what is wrong with the originals. 

0 Kudos