Did ArcGIS Pro 2.1 break the Direction-Distance tool?

Jump to solution
01-19-2018 09:19 AM
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

As you can see in the video, the Direction-Distance tool draws the line in the opposite direction from what I'm typing.  It seems to be ignoring the NSEW calls in favor of the relative mouse cursor position.

In this video, you can see that the Direction/Length tool in ArcMap is working fine.

Here are my current settings

ArcGIS Pro 2.1 settings

I spend most of my day mapping metes and bounds tracts in Texas, so having this single tool broken is more than just an inconvenience.

arcgis pro 2.1‌ arcmap 10.6‌ broken‌ direction-distance‌ tool error‌ tool not behaving correctly‌ please help!!!!!‌

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thank you for reporting this issue Cheyne Hadley‌  We are able to reproduce what you've described here and the editing team has entered this as an issue that needs to be fixed.  So the bad news is that to continue with your current workflow, you need to rollback to 2.0.1.

If you would like to track this issue, please message me directly with your customer number so that we can attach you to it.  

I apologize for the inconvenience.  We'll work to get this fixed as soon as possible and hope to get it in a patch before 2.2.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thank you for reporting this issue Cheyne Hadley‌  We are able to reproduce what you've described here and the editing team has entered this as an issue that needs to be fixed.  So the bad news is that to continue with your current workflow, you need to rollback to 2.0.1.

If you would like to track this issue, please message me directly with your customer number so that we can attach you to it.  

I apologize for the inconvenience.  We'll work to get this fixed as soon as possible and hope to get it in a patch before 2.2.

CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

Thank you for the quick response.  I will look forward to this being fixed in the next update.

0 Kudos
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

Two update later, and this is still broken.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Perhaps when Beta 2.2 is complete (before UC), you will have another answer... replying again, might remind Kory as to this thread .... right Kory Kramer‌ ?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Cheyne, I looked at the issue internally here and can see that the fix is in place for ArcGIS Pro 2.2.  

I apologize for the delay on this but you should have this working with the 2.2 release.

Thank you.

CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

Fantastic, Thank you.

0 Kudos