DEM not reclassifying properly

04-19-2021 06:39 PM
MinnaRubio
New Contributor

Hi there! I'm using the latest version of ArcGIS Pro. I'm trying to reclassify a DEM (in meters). I set the processor up fine in the model maker as seen in the attached image. I run the model and receive no errors. However, the resulting image isn't right. The image has been "reclassified" into several groups that I didn't choose and the image is completely blue. I've tried to redo the process several times, and I've calculated stats on the DEM. I reclassified a few other rasters in this project and had no problem. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

reclassification is separate from symbology ,... what classification scheme did you use for the symbology for the layer?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MinnaRubio
New Contributor

The symbology in the left panel was made automatically. I didn't adjust that part in any way. I only did the inputs for the reclassify tool

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

then use a manual classification scheme to match your reclassification to get the visual that represents the reclassification.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Minna,

You've assigned the same value to all but one of your classes. That's probably not what you wanted to do.

JimTenbrink_0-1619050467816.png

You can use class-based symbology on your *input* DEM raster layer, and then the reclassify tool will use that classification and assign sequential output class values by default.

-Jim TenBrink

spatial analyst team

esri

0 Kudos