Delete fields in the closest facility/routes layer

Jump to solution
07-06-2021 10:57 AM
Labels (1)
zhongying_gan
New Contributor III

Hello. I'm using ArcGIS Pro to perform the closest facility analysis. After the analysis is completed, I would like to use "table to excel" to export the fields in the closest facility/routes layer to excel. Some fields in the layer have no values, eg. StartTime and EndTime, because I didn't specify them when I ran the analysis. Therefore, I would like to delete these two fields so that I can save time when exporting the table to excel. However, I am not able to delete them. Could anyone tell me how I could delete them? Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

They may be bound to the analysis itself.  If saving, rebooting and reopening the table still doesn't allow you to delete them... it would have been faster to just delete them in excel

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JenVuturo-Brady
New Contributor
Try turning off the fields you don't want to export before exporting the table to Excel. I believe the process only exports the fields that are visible.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

They may be bound to the analysis itself.  If saving, rebooting and reopening the table still doesn't allow you to delete them... it would have been faster to just delete them in excel

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
zhongying_gan
New Contributor III

Hello, 

Thank you for your help. Rebooting and reopening the table still doesn't allow me to delete certain fields. I guess I'll have to export all the fields.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Easy to delete in excel 😉

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JenVuturo-Brady
New Contributor
Try turning off the fields you don't want to export before exporting the table to Excel. I believe the process only exports the fields that are visible.
zhongying_gan
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. By turning off the field, do you mean hiding the field? I have hidden the fields before  performing "table to excel". However, the fields that are hidden have still been exported to excel.

0 Kudos